What is NAMI Connection?
- NAMI Connection is a free and confidential support group for adults living with mental health challenges
- NAMI Connection support groups meet weekly for 90-minutes
- NAMI Connection offers a safe environment for adults who live with mental health challenges to express themselves without being judged
- NAMI Connection support groups follow a flexible structure without an educational format
- Reflecting NAMI’s core values, NAMI Connection is inclusive- any adult with a mental health challenge is welcome, regardless of diagnosis
What does a Connection Support Group include?
- It provides opportunities for individuals with a mental illness to learn positive coping skills in a safe environment
- It offers volunteer opportunities for individuals with a mental health condition
- Individuals realize they are not alone from other participants who share similar experiences
- Participants learn that there are normal and predictable stages of emotional responses to trauma and are given a list of specific needs corresponding to each stage
- Participants feel that they contributed as well as feel they were supported
To become a Connection facilitator, complete the application and email it to the address below.
NAMI California Peer Programs Coordinator