Help in a Crisis
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.
NAMI HelpLine: Call 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) M–F, 7 a.m.–3 p.m., PT for free mental health information, referrals and support.
Our local NAMI affiliates in California offer free support groups and classes for those living with mental health conditions and their families. Find your local affiliate to find out more about how you can find help and hope.Find Your Local NAMI
Beyond NAMI CA’s programs listed below, NAMI CA has additional information and helpful resources about mental illness and health.What is Mental Illness? Types of Mental Illness Warning Signs of Mental Health Conditions Mental Health Facts & Statistics Mental Illness FAQs Navigating a Mental Health Crisis What You Can Do To Prevent Suicide NAMI CA's Blog
A confidential support group for adults living with mental health challenges. NAMI Connection offers a safe environment for adults who live with mental health challenges to express themselves without being judged, and provides opportunities to learn positive coping skills and receive support.
- Meets weekly or monthly for 90 minutes
- Free group
- Available in Spanish: NAMI Conexión
A recovery education course open to anyone experiencing a mental health challenge. The course is designed to encourage growth, healing, and recovery among participants by providing information, skills, and guidance.
- 8 sessions held weekly for 2 hours
- Free and confidential
- Available in Spanish: De Persona a Persona de NAMI
NAMI In Our Own Voice
What is NAMI In Our Own Voice?
NAMI In Our Own Voice is a unique presentation in which two trained speakers share their compelling personal stories of living with mental health challenges and achieving recovery.
• NAMI In Our Own Voice is a free presentation designed to shatter negative stereotypes against people with mental illness
• Personal experiences with major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, and borderline personality disorder and other brain disorders are discussed
• NAMI In Our Own Voice demonstrates that recovery is possible
• Audience members are encouraged to ask questions and share their own experiences. This exchange helps combat the stigma and misinformation which surrounds these illnesses
For More Information:Find Your Local NAMI
Mental Health 101
Mental Health 101 is devoted to giving individuals an opportunity to learn about mental illness through an informative presentation, short videos, and personal testimonies that represent a variety of cultures, beliefs, and values.
Participants will learn the signs and symptoms of mental illness and are given ideas about how to help themselves, friends, or family members who may be in need of support through the lens of their own cultural and personal experience.
The goal of this program is to create a multi-generation of culturally diverse individuals that can help address the stigma associated with mental illness through education, support, and advocacy.Find Your Local NAMI