How to Start a Club:
Step 1: Click here to download the NCHS Information Packet
Step 2: Once you’ve reviewed the NCHS Info Packet, complete the Online Interest Form to let NAMI CA know you would like to form a club!
Step 3: NAMI CA will receive your completed Interest Form and connect you to your local affiliate. Clubs must attend an Orientation Webinar prior to submitting their Online Club Application.
Step 4: You’re almost ready to complete the Online Club Application! NAMI CA will provide that to you during Step 3, but here is a preview of what you’ll need to have ready in order to complete it:
- A group of at least 4 students (with at least 50% being in class levels besides senior)
- An adult Advisor that is committed to helping lead the club, is comfortable talking about mental health and is on-campus during school hours
- The approval of your school principal
- The approval of your local NAMI Affiliate (we will help connect you during this process)
- Attend a NCHS Training (at least three students and a club advisor)
Confirmation that your school has distributed the Parent Mental Health Awareness Letter (enclosed in the Info Packet)
Step 5: Once your Online Club Application is completed, you can turn it into NAMI CA for review. We will take a look and make sure everything is there, and then send a notification when a club has been approved and provide Advisor and Student Manuals and a certificate officially recognizing your group as a NAMI on Campus High School Club!
If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to give us a call at 916-567-0163 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org