NAMI Family Support Group
What is the NAMI Family Support Group?
NAMI Family Support Groups offered by NAMI affiliates across the country are free, confidential and safe support groups of families helping families who live with mental health challenges in their lives.
- Families join a caring group of individuals helping one another through their learned wisdom.
- Families are no longer alone and they have a renewed sense of hope for their loved one living with mental health challenges.
- Family members are supported by open group discussion and group interactions.
What does the Family Support Group include?
NAMI Family Support Groups are 90-minute support group sessions run by trained volunteer facilitators who are also family members living with mental health challenges in their lives. We do not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies. There is no charge for participation.
For More Information
- Find a local support group offered by your local NAMI affiliate
- Family Support Group Brochure
- NAMI National’s Website
Train to Become a Support Group Facilitator
Please download the application and send it to Serena Durand, NAMI California Programs Coordinator at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact NAMI CA at 916- 567-0163. Schedule of upcoming training sessions to become a facilitator