More information regarding trainings will be available soon.
These applications apply to the training programs detailed below:
Fact Sheet from NAMI California Family and Peer Programs Department (PDF)
*Important Note: There will be additional trainings offered for all the programs above. These workshops will be hosted by affiliates and sponsored by NAMI California in the form of small grants. Interested affiliates should contact Zuleima@namica.org for details on how to apply for a grant. Trainings will be announced in your region as they become available.
NAMI support group trainings are for NAMI members to become facilitators of a support group. The education trainings are for members desiring to become teachers or mentors of an education program. Upon graduation, the affiliate makes arrangements with the graduate to teach the class.
Qualifications for training: Interested parties should be NAMI members in good standing and ideally have graduated from the same education program they intend to teach. A participant also needs to be recommended by their local NAMI chapter. Additional qualifications will apply. Please ask your NAMI affiliate to contact Programs Manager Zuleima Flores at Zuleima@namica.org to receive an application via email. Prospective teachers/facilitators should return their applications in a timely manner as these workshops fill quickly.
Need to Report NAMI Class or Training Data? Click on this link: www.nami.org/programdata
Send inquiries to:
- Family Programs, Basics, Homefront, Ending the Silence: Serena Durand- Serena@namica.org
- MH 101, Professionals, & Peer Programs: Thao Duong – Thao@namica.org
- Family/Peer Support Specialist Webinar Training Program: Jonathan DuFresne – Jonathan@namica.org
- NAMI On Campus: Zuleima Flores – Zuleima@namica.org
- Programs Manager: Zuleima Flores – Zuleima@namica.org
- Director of Programs: Beth Wolf – Beth@namica.org
- Director of Community Engagement: Melen Vue – Melen@namica.org
NAMI California Office: (916) 567-0163