2018-2019 Annual State of the Community Reports (ASOCR) on Diverse Communities & Families.
Diverse Community-Informed Recommendations
To reach underrepresented individuals affected by mental illness, we need more:
- stigma reduction
- promotion of education on mental illness
- efforts to incorporate prevention and early interventions programs and models
- funding for culturally appropriate outreach and services
- efforts to engage diverse communities in advocacy efforts for structural change
Read the summary of our report on diverse communities.
To address the needs of family members and loved ones supporting individuals with mental illness, we need to:
- enhance access to treatment in a timely manner
- advocate and promote the availability of housing options
- support the progress of crisis services
- improve the criminal justice and forensic system during the treatment of all people with mental illnesses
- advocate for family involvement in treatment
- promote complete and comprehensive services for all ages are all ways
NAMI California truly appreciates the support, advocacy, and partnerships with NAMI affiliates, advisory committees, partnering organizations, and especially the community and family members whose voices were shared throughout the report. Many thanks also to the Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (MHSOAC) through the Mental Health Serves Act (MHSA).
Read the Families Report or our summary.