NAMI on Campus High School
NAMI On Campus High School (NCHS) Clubs are student-led clubs that raise mental health awareness and reduce stigma on campus through peer led activities and education. Student Leaders will be empowered with toolkits, materials, templates and resources to make running the club a fun and educational process. The Club is open to all students – those with mental health conditions, those with family members with a condition, or students who are interested in the field or in advocacy. It is not a support or therapy group.
Club leaders and members become advocates within their school and local community, and work towards creating a more positive and mental health-supportive school environment.
The purpose of NCHS Clubs is to:
- Educate and increase the awareness of students, teachers, faculty, and school administration about mental health and wellness
- Be supportive of students who are living with mental illness
- Provide information on school and community resources
- Encourage people to recognize early signs of mental illness
- Encourage students who are having mental health issues to get help
- Work to end the stigma that surrounds mental illness
- Create an inclusive, safe, and supportive school environment
- Let students know there is help available if they need it
For Schools Interested in Starting a Club