Meet the 2021 Candidates
How To Vote
- Each active NAMI California member is allocated only one vote per membership number.
- You must enter your membership ID number to vote; you will find your membership number on the address label on the official ballot that was mailed to you.
- If you do not feel comfortable voting for the candidates, you may delegate your vote by Proxy to the NAMI California Board of Directors. You can do so by designating on your mail ballot or choose the Proxy option when voting online.
If you have any questions about the election process, please contact Lena Williams at email@example.com or (916) 567-0163.
About Our Board of Directors
NAMI California’s Board of Directors is an all-inclusive board that seeks highly qualified California leaders to serve, embrace and enhance NAMI California’s mission and long-term strategic direction. Service on the NAMI California Board requires experience, knowledge, commitment and time to help all those families and individuals impacted by mental illness in our state.
NAMI California and our members are fortunate to have a wonderful Board full of state leaders on a variety of issues such as health care, law enforcement, affiliate leadership, education, diversity, and research, amongst many other valuable skills. They also share the personal perspective of having a family member or being an individual impacted by mental illness. This stable, thoughtful leadership gives us the critical knowledge, connections, and experience to move NAMI forward in California.
Beyond their wonderful passion for the NAMI California mission, Board members should have some high-level decision-making experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Statewide experience, Individuals who understand the way statewide mechanisms, legislation, and organizations work to help us make and enhance connections that move our mission forward
- Public Policy and Grassroots Advocacy, to shape critical systems that affect those whose lives are affected by mental illness
- Large Nonprofit and Change Management, to steward NAMI California in a rapidly changing environment
- Fundraising and Donor Cultivation, to ensure NAMI California’s future and ongoing viability
- New Media and Technologies, especially in service of education and peer support
- Marketing, Outreach, and Communications, to grow the organization and increase visibility
- Financial Management and Investments, to ensure sound fiscal health for a large organization such as ours
- Membership Development and Volunteerism, to cultivate and honor the backbone of the NAMI California movement, as well as the skills necessary to be an effective Board member